Tuesday 7 May 2013

Death Cafe in Hove, England with Tora Colwill


14th May
11.30am and 2pm for around an hour a time
Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, BN3 4AH.

We are a group of professionals working within the funeral industry. By talking openly about the topic of death we can share our difficult thoughts and renew our approach to life. 

Our first Death Cafés are taking place during 'Dying Matters Awareness Week' on the 14th May at Hove Town Hall. 

We will create a welcoming and inclusive environment - a safe place to meet and share your thoughts and feelings about death. 

The meetings won't be rigidly structured, we will simply go where the conversation takes us. We aim to end by contemplating how themes from the meeting may hold some positive influence on our perspective of the world.

We are being catered for by the lovely local cake company 'Twit Twoo Bakery' and require no donations. Cake AND death, you don't have to choose!


About Tora Colwill:

I have been a manager and event co-ordinator at the much loved Duke of York's Cinema for over 10 years, and I enjoy playing a part in the local cultural community. From a young age I had to develop my organisational skills and emotional maturity to arrange funerals for some special and interesting people I had been close to. I continue to explore the possibilities of a more personalised ritual. I now offer my services to help people through similar experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your piece.