Monday 22 July 2013

The first Death Cafe Philadephia


Death Cafe Philadelphia hosted it's first event held on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Death Cafe Philadelphia first event ever!!!! Philly- " The City of Brotherly Love"


Death Cafe Philadelphia hosted it's first event held on Saturday, July 13, 2013 and made history in "Philly." There were 18 guest in attendance, ages ranged from 18 to 74. Here are a few comments taken from the program feedback form. The event was described as loving, freeing, engaging, fun, honest sharing, meaningful, informative, caring, diverse, thought provoking, safe, comfortable and enlightening. The event was held from 12 noon to 2 PM, it was stated that it was the prefect amount of time. Deep connections were made with each other and there was a great deal of sharing emails, phone numbers and other supportive information. The event was exhilarating, magical and phenomenal as one person summed it up.


As the host I was in deep gratitude of the open and honest sharing that went on and the kindness that was shown too me for organizing the event. One of my memorable moments came at the end when I had asked the smaller groups to come back into the large group. I asked if anyone had any thoughts they would like to share, or what they would like to do before they die? The youngest male group attendee age 18-24 said " I would like to have a wave of love come out of my heart and wash over everyone that comes into my path" I said wow, I want to be in that tsunami with you!!! The light and love that encompassed the room, was staggering, humbling and phenomenal. Thanks to all the attendees you made this event what it was. Incredible, because that is who you are. I hope to see you at the Next Death Cafe Philadelphia. Enjoy the pictures. Live <3 Laugh


Sincerely, your Host

Bernadette L Laster

www.bernadettellaster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say your piece.